G. A. Jakubovics: CV
Born in Haifa, Israel. Lives and works in Miami, FL
Education and Special Training
- He studied Advertising & Marketing at Instituto Universitario de Nuevas Profesiones (IUNP) in Caracas, Venezuela
- Other courses: Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, Black and White Photography
- Advertising photographer of food and other products and services.
- High-end Scanning, Image Processing and Pre-Press at Desarrollos Compumedia (1996-2001) and artmedia STUDIO Alroy-Mancera, Caracas (2001-2014).
- He started to use his camera for making personal records.
2010 to date:
- High-end Scanning, Image Processing, Pre-Press, Archival Fine Art and Digital Printing at artmedia LLC, Miami, FL
2011 to date:
- A gallerist at Artmedia Gallery, Miami, FL
- He focused on Miami as a photographic subject.
- A Place for Affectionsl exhibition at Artmedia Gallery, Miami, FL
- First personal Seeking a Code. Photographs of Miami exhibition at Artmedia Gallery, Miami, FL
- Art Palm Beach, International, January 30 - 6, 2020 | West Palm Beach, FL
- Notices in a Mutable Terrain, Atchugarry Art Center, 2019, Miami, FL
- Art Palm Beach, International, January 17 - 2, 2018 | West Palm Beach, FL
- Pinta Miami, Crossing Cultures, Dec 6 - 12, 2017 | Mana, Miami, FL
- Willy Castellanos Simons. Review: G.A. Jakubovics | The City as Palimpsest. Miami: ARTDISTRICTS Magazine, N° 48: Summer 2017, pp. 24-27
- Allison. Miami Art Week ’17: Pinta. ALT ART PROJECTS a refreshing look at South Florida arts and culture, December 8, 2017 (http://www.altartprojects.com/miami-art-week-17-pinta/)
Dennys Matos. Review: G.A. Jakubovics | Seeking a Code. Fotografías de Miami. El Nuevo Herald, Sunday June 18, 2017, p. 6D